Monday, June 29, 2009

Memories of a resident in USA !

Thank you all for your feedbacks. It fueled me more, to share as much as I can with you all.

This is part of my diary entry for today. Hope that it might help recharging our motivation to reach our dreams.

"Today, I received my ID for the hospital. The ID in the hospitals here not only allow you to enter the hospital without being questioned by security people, but they also act as keys for different doors in the hospital, as you swipe them through card reading devices. After that I went to the library to activate it, so that I can access most of the library content while I am away from the hospital through the internet.

These words, and the event of obtaining the ID might seem not of that significance to many. But this is one of the biggest days in my life. Yes, it means extra responsibility as this means that now we are responsible for the care delivered to the patients, but it also means a better opportunity to learn and to take care of patients in a better way. It means also that finally I was able to gain access into the educational system in the States, starting with post-graduate training years (PGY). Also gaining access to the library means that finally I reached to the shore of one of the oceans of knowledge that I will not get bored swimming in.

It also looks even more important moment because a year ago, I had obtained an ID with limited access while I was an observer. Yet, now, I am a resident with a full access to the hospital facilities, including the library.

This is an awesome moment for me."

No comments: