Monday, December 1, 2014

Mysteries around us !!

I just came back from watching the movie Interstellar for the second time. The physics is interesting, and the plot is catchy. For me, the music was so moving. One of the things I like about Hans Zimmer's sound tracks (e.g. The Last Samurai, Gladiator, Inception and Interstellar) is the sense of seeking a mystery that I feel filled with when I listen to his music.

His music reminds me of the mysteries all around us. I left the movie with the sense of how it is great to be able to pursue a mystery that is beyond and bigger than ourselves. As I was leaving the movie theater, there were many falling tree leaves. I tried reminding myself how much a complex world there is in each of these leaves. Such a sense of mystery, of something worth of pursuing, of something bigger than myself. And for me, knowing that, as a human, I will never be able to understand fully the Creator and Maintainer of this universe, fills me with awe, sweet sadness, humility, and strong feeling of gratitude that my life means something bigger. All the thanks be to Him.

Good night (New Haven time 8-)).

No comments: