Sunday, November 23, 2014

Inspirations at different levels

When I saw the video about Philae (the probe) I felt inspired. We, as humans, have quite a lot of leverage in this universe. We have the ability to figure out the laws in the universe, and the laws are constant (for the most part at least :-)). That's why we can utilize them to reach places and do what we want, like planning something millions of kilometers away and many years ahead (sometimes the word exploit is used, but my mindset dislikes this word. In my view, humans are not on this earth to exploit it. We were given the tools to make utilize its resources, not to exploit them). 

Another inspiration sat in when I was talking to some of my friends in Egypt. Some of them are neurologists and some are psychiatrists. They are doing their best in order to provide the best care they can for their patients despite how difficult things are in Egypt. Despite the limited resources and the minimal support from people around them, they are still doing what they can. They are doing their best to learn what they can, and apply what they learned. Some have grouped together to make funds available to buy needed devices. I felt humbled by what they do.

Another level of inspiration came when I saw this piece about "Occupied Pleasures", a project by Tanya Habjouqa. Another inspiration towards how resilient people are. I recommend looking at the pics in that piece.  Tanya's webpage is here, and you can know about her here.

Till next post,...  8-)

No comments: