Friday, November 14, 2014

It has been around 5 years since I last posted on the blog. The last time, I has just started my psychiatry residency at SUNY Downstate medical center in Brooklyn, NY. During the residency, I was also going to do a PhD in the field of computational neuroscience.

Now, I am done with my residency, and I have just started my psychiatry research fellowship in schizophrenia at Yale university, where I will also be working on research in computational neuroscience :-)

I had multiple thoughts to restart blogging again throughout the past years. I didn't because of various reasons. Sometimes I felt that words won't be enough to describe what I wanted to. Sometimes I felt that I don't have anything to say. Other times I felt that it is not going to make anybody's life better, so why do it. On occasions, I felt that I don't want to post once or twice, then stop again for a few more years. As I was coming to the end of my residency, I felt that just like I get inspired by many bloggers, and continue to follow their posts, may be a few people would get some inspirations from my posts; inspirations which would encourage others to continue pursuing their dreams, when they see someone who continues to pursue his dream which started a long time ago (and it is only the beginning). To break it down, the long time started during the last year of high school, the year just before entering into the journey of 7 years of medical school, 3 years of residency in Neurology and Psychiatry in Cairo, Egypt, then 5 years of Psychiatry residency in New York City, and then now at Yale. As I am writing this now, I also realize that it would inspire me as well as I continue in my career. So a confession to make, I am writing these posts for myself before anyone else :)

I decided that I won't promise more than an entry a month :-) This way, I don't make promises that I cannot keep. It is a nice turn of things that I wrote my last blog just after I started my residency, and that I am restarting it after I just started my fellowship at Yale University.

I felt inspired after I heard the news about Philae, the first probe to land on a comet. This twitter feed about Philae has Philae as if tweeting about itself. You can find it here. Cute :)
I also found this video about the mission inspiring as well. I will post my thoughts about that later.

Talk to you next post 8-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck for restarting posting and your followship.. hope all ur dreams come true.. never stop dreaming :)